If asked on the spot, would you be able to differentiate an essay from a review? Maybe you would, but it is also likely that you would have a difficult time contrasting them. There is a similarity between essays and reviews, but there is also a considerable difference between them. In most cases, it is possible to write an essay and a review on similar topics, especially with regard to books or article analyses. For instance, given a particular book or a piece of literary work, the readers can create both essays and reviews on them.
How can you describe the difference between Essays & Reviews?
The best way to identify if an article is an essay or a review is perhaps to examine the way the arguments were made, and their nature. The perspectives used in writing essays and reviews are also usually different; in essays, the book is usually analyzed thoroughly, and arguments are presented along with citations from the work. On the other hand review is an evaluation of publication like books, reports and statements not in depth rather go throughout into the publication.
Essays and reviews are similar with regard to the below aspects:
- Structure. Both have an introduction, main body, and conclusion;
- Relation to a definite literary work. Both may discuss plot, characters, or events unfolding in the book;
- Requirements for quotations, which are usually required when citing from a book or literary work.
- It is rare for an essay to discuss the structure of the book or the credibility of the author;
- Most of the time, reviews are more descriptive than essays;
- Essays can be argumentative. In other words, they may raise certain points that do not agree with what is written in the book or literary work;
- Essays may also contest topics implied in the book and not only those that were directly discussed.
Meanwhile, they are different with regard to the following:
It is usually the case that students are assigned a specific type of article to write. Now that this article has compared and contrasted essays and reviews, students will most likely find it easier to help them distinguish the difference and write better articles in the future.
Students must be careful with depending completely on untrusted writing services when writing their essays. But just in case, they can use:
- Free sample and custom essays that will serve as templates or guidelines for writing an academic essay. These are usually written in the required format;
- Free sample and custom essays that will be used to help them acquire ideas to help them develop their assignments.
The problem with custom essays:
It is not advisable to rely entirely on writing services to create academic essays due to the following drawbacks:
- Doing this means that the students are not involved in the essay-writing process. If the essay gets high marks from the instructor, the student cannot really enjoy the actual credit since the essay was not written by him/her.
- Moreover, doing this will hinder the development of the student’s writing skills.
As much as possible, a student must work hard to develop his/her writing skills. Custom essay writing services should be used for reference and for assistance as professional and experienced writers can be trusted. Our team has offered high quality services for hundreds of clients and we do our best to improve your studying records. Don’t hesitate to order with us.