Before to speak about thesis proposal components we need to understand what a thesis proposal itself is. This kind of paper is written by a student who works to earn masters or doctoral degree. Thesis proposal presents to the audience and is carefully analyze by the committee to define if the subject is appropriate and relevant to the sphere of study. In case if the committee’s decision is to deny you in approving the thesis proposal you have no choice but to prepare another different thesis proposal as it is very important part of dissertation or thesis.
When your goal is to present a successful thesis immediately, you need to outline the thesis proposal topic, discuss and analyze the ideas of your paper and give reasons why your topic is worthy attention and further research. Specify a certain problem and offer the descriptive solutions for it.
So let’s review the basic components which should be involved into a thesis proposal.
- Title Page. It is a short and essential title for the proposed thesis work. Don’t forget to include the author, research advisor and the delivery date.
- Abstract. It is a brief summary for your thesis proposal writing. It normally shouldn’t be long – not excessing the number of 200 words.
- Table of Contents. It is a list of headings and subheading involving the page numbers.
- Introduction. It is the background for your study and it has to keep the attention of audience.
- Thesis statement. Yes, here you state the thesis proposal. Choose either a form of a hypothesis or project statement. Also it may be a form of research question or a goal statement.
- Approach or Methods. It is a description of the methods to be used and it also contains details of your approach, procedures and materials. It is important to mention the techniques and calculations there.
- Preliminary results and discussion. It is the discussion of obtained results of your thesis proposal.
- Work plan. Here you must point out the time table of your project research indicating deadlines and the fact of work being completed.
- Implication of research for your thesis proposal
- List of reference.To provide the correct source quotation.
You are welcome to turn to Thesis Writing Service help if you need some professional assistance!