Great Psychology Topics
Analysis of human behavior and how the mind works are few of the things that you can learn in psychology. In fact, this gives you the advantage to understand how people think, act and to address potential issues that go along with the human psyche. In fact, there are a growing number of people who are gaining interest with psychology as this gives them an extensive preview on how to manage human behavior, emotion, needs and other areas.
If you are one of the many people looking to provide relevant information for the improvement of psychology as a field, a winning dissertation can be the best solution. To those struggling with choosing the best psychology topics, here are sample topics:
- An overview on consciousness.
- Interpreting dreams and its meanings using a scientific method.
- Right brain VS left brain
- The purpose of emotions to build social connections.
- Using stimulants and other drugs for better memory retention.
- The use of depressants and its effect in the central nervous system.
- Extrinsic motivation and its influence on human behavior.
- The effectiveness of motivation.
- The long term effects of reward system in child’s development.
- Accomplishing New Year’s Resolution using the system of change.
In writing your paper, you should carefully consider all important aspects from the best psychology topics to write about up to finding the reliable sources. Here are tips on how to write a winning psychology topic:
- The first thing is choosing the right management topic in order to secure the quality of your dissertation and this should be supported with credible sources. Avoid common psychology research topics that might be redundant, instead focus on what is new and how you can offer interesting take in an old issue.
- Psychology can be a broad subject so as much as possible, offer a limitation with your topic. This will not only save you time but also effort in finding the best literatures for your research.
- Aside from choosing the information you want to include in your psychology dissertation, consider also the language that you will use. If you want your readers to easily understand your dissertation, avoid using jargons and terminologies as this can easily confuse your readers.
- To maximize the impact, make sure that you address the technical aspect of your dissertation from style, structure, layout to its format.
- To establish the credibility of your dissertation, make sure that you include as much information as possible. Remember that your paper should be able to persuade, even the most skeptical of your readers.
- Use the best methodology in order for you to attain credible results in your paper. It is important that your readers understand how you achieved result.
- In your conclusion, offer your readers recommendation on what areas your research requires further study. This must be a reliable form of source to other researchers so make sure that you address both positive and negative aspects of your research.
1. International encyclopedia of psychiatry, psychology, psychology, psychoanalysis and neurology. (12 vol.). (1983). New York: Aesculapius. Basic source for information on the psychological and psychiatric aspects of such subjects as alcoholism, aging, homosexuality, death, child abuse, and mental illness. Also includes articles on major psychologists and the history of psychiatry.
[RC 334 .I573]
2. Encyclopedia of human intelligence. (2 vol.). (1994). New York: Macmillan.
Includes over 250 articles by notable scholars dealing with all aspects of human intelligence.
[BF 431 .E59 1994]
3. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders: DSM-V (5th ed.)
Call Number: ref RC455.2.C4 D536 2013
Prepared by the American Psychiatric Association, this tool is indispensable for mental health and other health professionals (nurses, social workers, psychologists, physicians, etc.) in determining psychological diagnoses.
4. International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences – editors-in-chief Neil J. Smelser, Paul B. Baltes.
Call Number: ref H41 .I58 2001
5. Mental Measurements Yearbook
Call Number: ref Z5814.P8 B932
This is an essential resource for information and reviews about commercial tests assessing personality, achievement, and other kinds of measures which are currently available and published in English.